Reasons Of Miscarriage
Since an egg or a sperm has to undergo a reduction division i.e. the number of chromosomes are reduced to half (23) from normal (46) during the duplication of genes in the DNA something goes wrong during the reduction division. The resulting embryo has faulty genes and nature does not permit faulty embryos to produce faulty kids.
Other Causes for Miscarriage Include (but are not limited to):
- Hormonal problems, infections or health problems with mother.
- Smoking and, drugs, over utilization of caffeine, skinny body or maybe subjection to radiation.
- Improper location of implantation.
- Maternal Age.
- Maternal trauma.
What are The Chances of Having a Miscarriage?
For women in childbearing years, the chances of having the miscarriage can range from 10-25%, but with the healthiest women, the average is about 15-20% chance. In the initial years of women getting pregnant, the chances of miscarriage are 10-25%, but with unhealthy women, the average goes about 15-20% chances.
- An increase in maternal age changes the chances of miscarriage. An increase in child bearing age changes the ratio of miscarriage also.
- Women under the age of 35 yrs old have about a 15% chance of miscarriage.
- Women aged between35-40 have, 20-35% chance of miscarriage.
- Women over 45 years have the maximum 50% miscarriage rate.
A woman with a previous miscarriage has some risk (25%) as the one who has never had a miscarriage.
The Different Types of Miscarriage:
- Chemical Pregnancy miscarriage is due to chromosomal abnormalities and takes place very early and bleeding generally coincides with normal periods.
- In ectopic pregnancy, the embryo implants at any other place than the uterus such as fallopian tubes. Due to maternal risk, such pregnancies are surgically removed.
- First trimester miscarriage also called spontaneous abortion is quite common.
- Second Trimester Miscarriage also called late miscarriage happen due to chromosomal.
- Preterm delivery is due to cervical dilation too early during pregnancy leads to pregnancy loss or premature birth.
- Still Birth is when the baby dies in the uterus before birth. The probable cause may be placental issues, pregnancy complication due to maternal causes
Prevention of Miscarriage After IVF Treatment
Most miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities, and there is precious little we can do about it. The only thing we can do is to keep yourself healthy.
- Regular exercise.
- Eating healthy food.
- Avoid stress.
- Maintain the healthy weight.
- Take Folic acid daily.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
Since miscarriage can happen to anyone, there is no stigma attached to it. It is important to reassure the mother that there is no problem and she will have another pregnancy. Most will like to know, about physical recovery and how soon the women should try to conceive? It is desired that the women keep communication with other females and family members to get psychological support to try again