LASER ASSISTED HATCHING
Laser Assisted Hatching is a technology to improve the chemical communication between the implanting embryo and the endometrium. It helps to remove the protective outer shell of the embryo called “Zona Pellucida”. The procedure helps in the implantation of embryos to the uterine lining. Delhi IVF has one of the best-imported lasers assisted hatching machine which helps to precisely remove the Zona Pellucida. The procedure involves, making a small hole in an outer tough layer with the help of a laser, it helps the embryo come out of the layer (Zona Pellucida). Assisted Hatching is done while the embryos are in the laboratory. Before being implanted back into the uterus.
How Does Laser Assisted Hatching work?
Assisted Hatching has normally being performed using a microneedle to remove the outer shell. At Delhi IVF & Fertility Research Centre, we utilize the most recent laser innovation to give our patients the quickest, most secure and most uniform method for Assisted Hatching accessible today.
During the process of Laser Assisted Hatching, the external shell of the embryo is broken by discharging a couple of laser pulses. The laser is terminated far from the cells of the embryo so that the cells are not harmed. This procedure greatly enhances the capacity of the embryo for further growth and development and therefore greatly increases the chances of pregnancy and live birth rate.
Some Advantages of Laser Assisted Hatching.
- Laser Assisted Hatching process is very simple, fast and safe in comparison to mechanical hatching process.
- There is no use of chemicals during the laser procedure, the embryos are not even touched.
- Pregnancy chances are increased due to laser assisted hatching treatment.
- Takes little time around seconds to complete the procedure.
- There are no chances of a mistake as compared to the manual procedure. No need for more embryos in this technique, only a few embryos transfer will give good results.
- Women who already faced unsuccessful IVF treatment can go with this treatment.
Who Can Go with Laser Assisted Hatching?
Laser Assisted Hatching is very helpful for those couples who have a poor prediction, whose embryos lack enough energy to achieve the process of hatching. But fertility experts are capable of deciding, whether an embryo needs laser assisted hatching treatment or not.
- Women over than 37 year and using own eggs.
- Women who have already done IVF treatment and got no results.
- Women having a thick outer shell noticed during IVF treatment.
- Women who have poor quality embryos with a problem of slow cell division.
- Women who have higher FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) level.