Delhi IVF is the One Of The Oldest IVF Treatment Center in India
What is IVF Treatment?
IVF treatment or In Vitro Fertilization is fertilization in a “test tube” and the process is carried outside the women’s body in the embryology laboratory. The procedure is carried in a well equipped laboratory with well trained medical staff. This IVF procedure is carried out after collecting sperms from the male body and taking eggs from the female body at the same time. The eggs are fertilized through an advanced lab process and allowed to develop in to embryos in incubators in an environment replicating the human body. Then these embryos are transferred to the uterus for implantation and growing into a baby.
The whole process of collecting eggs and sperms and fertilizing and incubation and embryo transfer is done in the laboratory in the supervision of trained medical personnel. Then after 14 days, the pregnancy test is done to confirm the pregnancy.
How Successful is IVF treatment In India at Delhi IVF?
The Success rate of the IVF treatment at Delhi IVF is 50% to 65% which is at par with the best in the world. The success rate varies with the age of the female, as with age the quality and number of eggs go down. But because of the best trained and experienced personnel, and state of the art laboratory we persistently maintain very high success rates.
Who Needs IVF Treatment?
If a couple has lived together and has not used any contraceptive for more than two years and still are without a baby need to be investigated for infertility problem. Infertility may be due to female causes or due to male causes or both.
IVF Treatment is Indicated in Many Situations, A Few are Listed Below:
- PCOD, Unexplained infertility.
- Tuberculosis with damaged tubes/uterus lining.
- Repeated failure of IUI.
- Moderate of highly elevated ASA.
- Reduced sperm count and motility.
- The advanced age of the woman.
- The tubal transport mechanism is disturbed.
- Both fallopian tubes are absent, blocked or irreparably diseased.
- High age (Ovarian reserve diminished).
- Premature Ovarian Failure.
- Hormonal disturbances.
The Procedure at Delhi IVF for IVF Treatment
The treatment Starts as follows:
- Consultation/ Ultrasound (To find out the problems are)
- Blood reports and Semen analysis report
- Detailed counselling
- Initiation of treatment to stimulate egg production (Ovulation induction/ Supra ovulation)
- Egg retrieval
- Incubation and growth of embryos in a controlled environment
- Embryo transfer
- Confirmation of pregnancy
- Sometimes we have to alter the hormone stimulatory protocol to get optimum results. The stimulatory protocol varies from patient to patient.
The doctor decides the protocol and mode of treatment after a detailed assessment of the case history, previous treatment details, years of marriage, age, and other parameters. For male causes, we have to decide how and from where we get a healthy sperms for fertilizing the eggs.
Depending on the insufficiency of the uterus we also have to decide when to cryopreserve the eggs for postponing the embryo transfer to get optimum results. The eggs are preserved by vitrification.